Immediate Opening for Director position:
The Director is the chief operating officer of the organization and reports to the Chamber's Board of Directors. The Director is responsible for maintaining membership satisfaction while driving revenue through new and retained membership dues. The Director is responsible for general management and coordination of all organizational events/activities, while providing long and short range planning to carry out the Chamber's goals, objectives, and policies. The Director oversees volunteers and the Chamber's budget and serves as the chief spokesperson for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages prospects and acquires new, profitable commercial business
- Identify and solicit prospective/new members
- Maintain membership satisfaction
- Budgeting and financial management
- Visits and communicates with local businesses, schools and city officials
- Management of day to day operations of the chamber office
- Manages and coordinates networking and community events
- Ability to establish priorities and adjust organizational activities as appropriate
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the Greater Anna Chamber of Commerce
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
A successful candidate will have sales experience and feel comfortable in an office environment. A strong knowledge of computer applications including Internet Explorer, Outlook and Microsoft Excel is highly desired. A successful candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Candidate will have strong project management and budget skills. Candidate will be exceptional at coordinating multiple programs/priorities and deadlines. Candidate will also possess the ability to work with and build relationships with members, vendors and city officials.
Please no phone calls.